Why choose MBCM?
The Master Programme in Cellular and Molecular Biology (MBCM) aims at training students to do research in biomedicine at the cellular and molecular levels, and to pursue any career requiring strong technical and analytical skills in biology. The program provides intensive training in forefront topics in the field, through the immersion of students in a research environment, and their exposure to an international context. The program equips students with solid background for evidence-based understanding of fundamental biology concepts. Students develop skills to study mechanisms of disease, and to design advanced diagnostic and therapeutic strategies. Critical and creative thinking are fostered.
The MBCM functions ininterruptly since 1982 under the Department of Life Sciences of the University of Coimbra, and has trained annually an average of 30 students in the last 10 years, in close collaboration with the CNC – Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology.
MBCM key features
- Research-oriented training
- Emphasis on experimental strategies
- Problem solving-based learning
- Flexible curriculum
- Teaching in English
- International students
- Collaboration with international programs
MBCM Areas of study
- Brain Diseases
- Reproduction Biology
- Cellular & Mitochondria Toxicology
- Cancer Biology
- Host-pathogen Interactions
- Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
- CNC – Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Portugal;
- Neurasmus (Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Neuroscience);
- Double degree with the Università degli Studi del Sannio, Italy;
- Janssen Pharmaceutica, Beerse, Belgium;
- VIB Discovery Sciences, Leuven, Belgium;
- Technology-oriented courses abroad with InnoCore (Erasmus+);
- Exchange students with partner European Universities.
Learn more about MBCM collaborations here.
Download MBCM flyer here.